It's Matcha Madness! March seemed like a fitting month for me to do some fun Matcha recipes. Matcha is an all time favorite ingredient of mine so I always like to play around and combine it with different flavors, so I decided to do this Mint Matcha latte with soymilk.
The mint is steeped in milk for a 5 minutes and releases so much freshness! I love a regular matcha latte, but the spearminty flavor of the mint is quite invigorating. I made this so that the minty flavor is subtle, but if you like it amped up, feel free to double the amount of mint. I highly recommend it!
Matcha Mint Latte
- 1 ½ cup of soy milk
- 1 tsp of sugar and
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 2 whole sprigs of mint
- 2 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp of hot water
1. In a medium saucepan, add soymilk, sugar, vanilla extract, and whole sprigs of mint. Simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes or until milk is steaming.
2. In a mug, add 2 tsps of grean tea powder and 1 tbsp of hot water. Mix well.
3. Pour steamed milk with mint into mug, mix with spoon and enjoy!
I shared 5 easy latte recipes (some with coffee, some without) on my Youtube channel! You can see the full video here:
I'll be back this week to share more of the written latte recipes, including the delicious quick / short cut horchata latte! See you soon. :)